Thursday, August 2, 2007

so, today I was in the HBLL, doing a little research for a paper due next week. I'm writing a paper on the influence Martin Luther has on an LDS audience. Yeah, I know, I kinda bit off more than I should've. I don't have hardly enough time to do enough research to write this paper as well as it deserves. And on top of it all, it seems that no one else has ever written on this subject. Everybody seems to only think of Martin Luther as the starter of the Reformation, but he was much more than that; he taught a ton of christian doctrine, he wrote literally hundreds of books and pamphlets, which are full of amazing doctrine. but oh well.
So, I was down in the Religion section looking at all the books on, about, or by Martin Luther (it's crazy how many there are!), and when my mind was full, and I was ready to leave, I went walking down a random aisle towards the door, and that's when I saw it!! A Luther Bible from 1826!! Right there on the shelf, with other Luther Bibles from 1830, 1836, 1847, 1851 etc. I was so amazed. So I had to browse through it!

And needless to say, for the next couple days I shall probably be hard to get a hold of as I will spend every moment that I can in the library reading what Luther wrote and forming my own opinions as to why it's so important.

I'm a big fan of Luther, and the more I read, the more I love him!

No comments: