Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs...."

"What's wrong with that, I'd like to know, 'cause here I go again!" -Silly Love Songs, by Paul McCartney


I can still hear you singing when I close my eyes at night,
The songs you know we used to love,
I can't help but be thinking, when I sit alone all night,
That you were like an angel from above.

You came into my life that night, I thought it was a dream,
But you were real, and really quite a girl,
I can't believe that you weren't right, love wasn't what it seemed,
And in the end, I lost my only Pearl.

To dream of my Dulcinea, to tame my Kate, the shrew,
To carry Corie up five flights of stairs, to simply say "I love you"
I fear the time for that is past, our happy ending long overdue,
While we were busy learning our lines, we both missed our cue.

No comments: